Teaching Online: The Next Level
Become a better online teacher with this online short course from MSU. Every teacher has been a student, but how many online teachers have been an online student? Here's your chance to become a better online teacher by experiencing what it's like on the other side of the "desk." Pick up some valuable tips for making your online class the best it can be, plus learn some strategies for making your instructor workflow more efficient.
- "Teaching Online: The Next Level" is a three-week short course offered entirely online through Desire2Learn.
- Participants should expect to spend about 15-30 hours total over the 3 weeks. For the most realistic student experience, plan to log in for about an hour a day 5 times per week, allowing additional time for readings and your own course development time.
- As a bonus, your "assignments" will be to develop or improve your own online class materials, all with the support of your MSU Online instructor and your peers. By the end of this short course, you could have your online class materials set and ready to go!
- This course is offered free-of-charge as a professional development opportunity through MSU Extended University.
- Participants need to purchase the textbook referenced below:
- The Online Teaching Survival Guide: Simple and Practical Pedagogical Tips by Judith V. Boettcher and Rita-Marie Conrad; ISBN-10: 0470423536
- This course also provides the option of 2 CEUs or 20 OPI renewal units.
- Completion of TOPis a pre-requisite for participation in this course.
- Note:There is a cut-off date for TOP completion associated with each running of the course. While you can put your name on the registration list for a course, a seat is not reserved for you until you have completed TOP. See the registration area below for course offering dates and related TOP deadline dates.
Register online at http://eu.montana.edu/online/faculty/workshops
For more information about Desire2Learn, contact MSU Extended University at email@example.com or call 994-3255.
For more information go to:
For questions regarding this event, please contact: