Creative Disruptors: Designing Innovation
Black Box Theatre
HATCH MSU brings you Creative Disruptors: Designing Innovation, Wednesday, October 2 at 1:30 p.m. in the Black Box Theater - MSU. This engaging conversation will feature three guests that have found great success as designers, entrepreneurs, artist and multi-media story tellers. Find out how creativity and design thinking have played a role in their success.
- TOM GRUBER
- Researcher, designer, and serial entrepreneur, with a focus on technology to augment human intelligence.
- He was cofounder, CTO and VP Design for Siri, which created the first intelligent assistant for everyone.
- RICHARD "Super Dick" WHITNEY
- Installation Artist & Designer.
- Currently the CPO (Chief Product Officer) of Lockitron, a Y-Combinator which aims to replace physical keys entirely by letting you control your door lock with your phone.
- His priors include crafting an award-winning music video for OK Go with over 40 million views, installations at LACMA and MOCA, leading blue-sky R&D at Idealab, creating the tech behind Flywheel Sports, and starting two tech communities in LA.
- TAWNY SCHLIESKI, Intel
- Tawny Schlieski is a research scientist and media expert in Intel Lab's Interaction & Experience Research group.
- Her work centers on new storytelling capabilities enabled by emergent technologies, including rethinking creativity and collaboration, new forms of creation and play, immersive engagement, and multimedia story platforms. Her job is to merge social science, market insights, technology evolutions, and imagination into pragmatic visions and compelling experiences.
For questions regarding this event, please contact: