Faculty Advising at MSU
- Thursday, October 17, 2013 from 11:45am to 1:00pm
- Strand Union Building, Room 235 - view map
New to academic advising? Pick up some tips from the pros at this Faculty Excellence workshop.
This one-hour session is designed for new faculty, or for any faculty who want to learn more about academic advising and the resources MSU offers students. The session will cover basic information on the following:
- Tips for faculty to make the most effective use of limited time to connect with their advisees
- Introduction to DegreeWorks--the new online advising tool for students and advisors
- The Three Resources to Remember: Academic Advising Center, Registrar's Office, Office of Student Success
Presenters: Phil Gaines, Professor and Department Head, English; Tony Campeau, Assistant Registrar; and Diane Donnelly, Director, Academic Advising Center & University Studies.
Lunch will be served at 11:45 a.m. followed by the presentation from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Registration is required by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 15; to register, go to:
- Center for Faculty Excellence