Spring 2014 Faculty Book Discussion Group
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014 from 12:15pm to 1:30pm
- Strand Union Building, Room 232 - view map
Teaching Naked: How Moving Technology Out of Your College Classroom Will Improve Student Learning - by José Antonio Bowen
Three alternate Tuesdays: Mar. 4, Mar. 18, Apr. 1; 12:15-1:30 p.m.; SUB 232
With a title sure to catch your eye, the author writes how technology is most powerfully used outside the classroom and, when used effectively, how it can ensure that students arrive to class more prepared for meaningful interaction with faculty. Bowen offers practical advice on how to engage students with new technology while restructuring classes into more active learning environments.
We'll provide the book and a light lunch.
- Jan Zauha, Library; Tracy Dougher, Agricultural Education and Plant Sciences & Plant Pathology;
- Jioanna Carjuzaa, Education;
- Marilyn Lockhart, Center for Faculty Excellence
Registration is required by 5:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28; however, enrollment is limited, so early registration is advised. If you are interested and can attend all three sessions, please register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7PYS9YL. Books may be picked up after you register.
- Center for Faculty Excellence