ADVANCE Troubleshooting Research: Confronting Challenges and Forming a Strong Research Team
- Friday, April 18, 2014 from 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Barnard Hall - view map
Note: People may still participate even though the registration instructions say to register by 5:00 pm on Thursday. We still have space.
The most onerous research challenges will be confronted by grant successful research leaders and professionals in an open and creative problem-solution format where participants may pose additional questions at the end of the session. Participants will meet resources on campus who are committed to easing the grant writing workload and troubleshooting common problems.
Topics and Speakers Include:
RegistrationRegistration is simple! Email Micaela Young, Grant Submission Training Coordinator by Thursday, April 17th at 5:00 pm and write "Count me In!" in the subject line. That's it. This way, we can order food and drinks for you!
- Working with other Institutions and Subawards (S. Sward and Barbara Bunge of OSP)
- Plans and Reporting of Broad Impacts and Translational Significance of Projects (Dr. Jessi Smith of ADVANCE and Psychology)
- Competitive Outreach and Dissemination (Suzi Taylor of Extended U)
- Collaboration with Tribal Colleges (Dr. Ann Bertagnolli of INBRE)
- Institutional Review Board Requirements (Dr. Mark Quinn of IID and IRB)
- Joint Appointments with Institutes (Dr. Cathy Whitlock of IoE and Earth Sciences)
- Grant Writing Resources (Micaela Young of ADVANCE)