Peaks Camp Counselor needed June 15-20
MSU Extended University is seeking 4 camp counselors (2 males and 2 females to meet camp gender ratio requirements) for Peaks and Potentials - an art and science enrichment youth camp for grades 5, 6 & 7, held June 15-20, 2014 on the MSU campus.
Under the direction of the camp director, counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the Peaks & Potentials' campers, which includes leading and supervising afternoon and evening activities, and camper supervision in the dorms at night. Counselors interact directly with the campers from 2:30 p.m. until 8:30 a.m. each day, and demonstrate a positive and professional attitude to serve as positive role models and mentors. Counselors motivate and encourage the campers to participate in activities and develop friendships. Counselors implement large and small group activities with the campers, join the campers for dinner and breakfast, and confirm that camp schedules and policies are followed. Counselors provide orientation and instruction to the campers and are available to help the campers and the director make the camp a fun and effective experience for all.
- Must be at least 18 years old and a high school graduate;
- Experience working with youth, preferably grades 5-7 and/or overnight camp experience.
- Applicants need to have lots of energy and a positive attitude.
- Applicants must attend training prior to the camp; and be available from June 15-20, beginning at 2:00 p.m. through the evening, stay in the dorms with the campers at night, and go to breakfast with campers in the morning until 8:30 a.m. On June 21st, counselors need to be available for breakfast through room check-out (no later than 10:00 a.m.) and from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. to say good-bye to the participants. Applicants will also need to be on an as needed basis from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- A clear criminal record is required. Background checks will be conducted on chosen applicants.
$500 salary plus meals (Sunday dinner - Friday breakfast) and dorm expenses (Sunday - Thursday night);
Send the following information by fax or email (if email, please attach all the application information all together):
- cover letter which addresses each of the position requirements
- current resume
- 2 current letters of reference
Applications due May 9, 2014 or until positions fill. Mail or Fax Applications to:
Peaks & Potentials
MSU Continuing Education
200 Culbertson Hall, PO Box 172200
Bozeman, MT 59717