Canceled: Fire Extinguisher Operations and Safety Training
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014 from 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Cobleigh Hall, 201 - view map
This course has been canceled due to low enrollment. If you need or want to take the course, here are some options for you:
- This course is offered monthly during the summer months and is next scheduled for Tuesday, June 10 from 8:30am - 9:30am. Registration for the course is open at:
- This course is also offered as a group specific training if there are at least 6 interested individuals. Please contact Trevor (firstname.lastname@example.org or x7760) to schedule this training.
- If you do not have 5 other individuals interested and you cannot attend one of our open enrollment trainings, please contact Trevor (email@example.com or x7760) to be added to the call list for that course.
You may take the on-line version of this course, "Fire Extinguishers Training" through our online vendor. Access to on-line trainings is found at:
Safety and Risk Management is hosting a training on Fire Extginguisher Operations and Safety. This course examines the types of fire extinguishers and offers hands-on experience with putting out fires with a fire extinguisher. This includes the requirements as outlined in OSHA's 1910.157 standard, Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Intended Audience: All employees that are designated as a part of their Emergency Action Plan to use a fire extinguisher are required to attend annually. All employees are encouraged to attend.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Select an appropriate fire extinguisher for different scenarios and locations
- Perform a basic inspection of a fire extinguisher
- Use and Operate a fire extinguisher
Registration is required and registration can be completed at: https://atlas.montana.edu:9000/apex/f?p=trainreg
Please contact Trevor with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safety and Risk Management