Canceled: Fire Extinguisher Operations and Safety Training
Cobleigh Hall, 201
This course has been canceled due to low enrollment. If you need or want to take the course, here are some options for you:
- This course is offered monthly during the summer months and is next scheduled for Tuesday, June 10 from 8:30am - 9:30am. Registration for the course is open at:
- This course is also offered as a group specific training if there are at least 6 interested individuals. Please contact Trevor (firstname.lastname@example.org or x7760) to schedule this training.
- If you do not have 5 other individuals interested and you cannot attend one of our open enrollment trainings, please contact Trevor (email@example.com or x7760) to be added to the call list for that course.
You may take the on-line version of this course, "Fire Extinguishers Training" through our online vendor. Access to on-line trainings is found at:
Safety and Risk Management is hosting a training on Fire Extginguisher Operations and Safety. This course examines the types of fire extinguishers and offers hands-on experience with putting out fires with a fire extinguisher. This includes the requirements as outlined in OSHA's 1910.157 standard, Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Intended Audience: All employees that are designated as a part of their Emergency Action Plan to use a fire extinguisher are required to attend annually. All employees are encouraged to attend.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Select an appropriate fire extinguisher for different scenarios and locations
- Perform a basic inspection of a fire extinguisher
- Use and Operate a fire extinguisher
Registration is required and registration can be completed at: https://atlas.montana.edu:9000/apex/f?p=trainreg
Please contact Trevor with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information go to:
http://www.montana.edu/wwwsrm/training/trainingdescriptions.htm#Fire Extinguisher Operations and Safety
For questions regarding this event, please contact: