Training: Bloodborne Pathogens
Gaines Hall, 43
In a continued effort to provide employees with the safety tools they need to complete their work without injury, Safety and Risk Management will be hosting a Bloodborne Pathogen training. We encourage all employess that have a potential environmental exposure to human blood or Other Potentially Infected Materials to attend this training as a part of the OSHA required initial and annual refresher training meeting 1910.1030 requirements.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Identify what bloodborne pathogens are and where they are found
- Identify the common viruses: HBV, HCV, HIV, SARS, etc.
- Identify hazardous situations where exposures could occur
- Select and don appropriate protective barriers
- Select proper engineering controls to use to prevent exposure
- Perform safe working behaviors to reduce potential for exposure
- Decontaminate potentially infected surfaces
- Dispose of waste appropriately
Registration is required and registration can be completed at: https://atlas.montana.edu:9000/apex/f?p=112:LOGIN:112982303315542
Please contact Trevor with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information go to:
For questions regarding this event, please contact: