Service Excellence Workshop
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Montana Manufacturing Center (MMEC) - view map
Service Excellence aims to align the quality of our service environment to the excellent education we offer. We're aspiring to provide a great experience outside the classroom so students and faculty can focus on being successful inside the classroom. Service Excellence seeks to eliminate frustrations and time-consuming processes delivered to, and by, all individuals on campus, including faculty, staff, students and visitors. When we provide excellent service in our administrative and support areas, our students can devote their attention, enthusiasm and energy to learning, discovery and engagement. For our faculty and staff, the benefits can be greater work satisfaction and more time spent focused on those issues that advance the university.
Workshops will be provided for every employee at Montana State University as part of the OpenMSU Service Excellence initiative.
- Introduce and explain the MSU Service Philosophy and Service Standards
- Practice techniques and tools to improve service
- Reinforce each individual employee’s role in delivering Service Excellence
- Learn a common language of Service Excellence
- What’s happened so far
- Why do customers leave?
- Service Philosophy
- Service Standards – Safety, Courtesy, Reliability, Competence
- Internal Service and Teamwork
- The Service Experience
- Lens of the Student/Stakeholder
- “Everything speaks”
- Create a wow
- Active listening
- Service Maps
- “Easy to do business”
- Summary and next steps
How long is the workshop?
Three hours in length, offered in the morning or afternoon, or by shift as necessary.
How do we schedule a workshop?
Contact Betsy Webb at 994-4275 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a workshop in your department or to learn about open enrollment workshops available.
Free to Faculty, Staff and Student Employees