Sack Lunch Seminar: HAES
- Monday, April 20, 2015 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Strand Union Building - view map
This presentation and discussion with Lynn Paul, MSU’s Extension Food and Nutrition Specialist, will focus on Health at Every Size (HAES). Lynn will discuss this new approach to weight and health based on the following HAES principles:
- accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes;
- recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects;
- promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes;
- promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure; and
- promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss.
Strategies for integrating HAES into your personal approach to health will be provided.