Canceled: Health and Safety Orientation
- Thursday, July 16, 2015 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm
- Gaines Hall, Room 43 - view map
This course has been canceled due to low enrollment. The next offering of this course is on Thursday 8/20/2015 from 3:30pm - 5pm and registration is open at: http://calendar.msu.montana.edu/?cal=166. You may also request a group specific training by contacting Trevor at 994-7760 or email@example.com.
Safety and Risk Management is hosting a Health and Safety Orientation. This mandatory course addresses overarching safety hazards and concerns on the MSU campuses, and how you can be proactive to avoid and prevent them. Included in this course are general requirements and standards outlined by MSU Policy, OSHA standards, International Fire Code and NFPA standards. It also covers what to do in the instance of an emergency or accident.
Intended Audience: All employees are required to attend. If an employee is re-hired and they have not taken this course in the past 3 years, it is necessary to re-take the course.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Work Safely
- Understand the Policies and Procedures that are applicable to you
- Recognize and Report Hazards
- Know which University and OSHA trainings are applicable to you and how to register
- Report an incident, accident, and near-miss
- Follow Emergency Action Plans and understand the Employee Alarm System
- Understand Workers' Compensation basics and how it would apply to you
Registration is required!
Free for MSU Faculty, Staff and Student Employees
- Safety and Risk Management