Canceled: Fire Extinguisher Operations and Safety
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015 from 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Gaines Hall, 144 - view map
This course has been canceled due to low enrollment. The next open enrollment for the course is on Wednesday, September 16 from 11am - 12pm. Registration is open at: http://calendar.msu.montana.edu/?cal=166
Safety and Risk Management is hosting a training on Fire Extginguisher Operations and Safety. This course examines the types of fire extinguishers and offers hands-on experience with putting out fires with a fire extinguisher. This includes the requirements as outlined in OSHA's 1910.157 standard, Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Intended Audience: All employees that are designated as a part of their Emergency Action Plan to use a fire extinguisher are required to attend annually. All employees are encouraged to attend.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Select an appropriate fire extinguisher for different scenarios and locations
- Perform a basic inspection of a fire extinguisher
- Use and Operate a fire extinguisher
Registration is required!
Free for MSU Faculty, Staff and Student Employees
- Safety and Risk Management