Canceled: Supervisor Safety Orientation
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015 from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Safety and Risk Management, 2nd Floor Training Room - view map
This course has been canceled due to low enrollment. The next offering of the course is on Wednesday, September 16 from 10am - 12pm and registration is open at:http://calendar.msu.montana.edu/?cal=166
Safety and Risk Management is hosting a Supervisor Safety Orientation. This course targets what supervisors must know regarding safety hazards, and assessments to maintain a safe working environment and protect employees and visitors from injuries. It also covers safety requirements on MSU Campuses per SRM/MSU/State/Federal policies and regulations.
Intended Audience: All employees in a supervisory role.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Know where to locate applicable policies and procedures
- Know what requirements exist for supervisors in relation to training and safety duties
- Know which trainings are required of your employees
- Know how to report and investigate an accident
- Know your emergency action plan and how to communicate this to your employees
- Assess hazards in your area and identify appropriate PPE for your employees to use to be safe
- Know how to create a chemical inventory and submit it appropriately
- Dispose of various waste types appropriately
- Understand the basics of Workers' Compensation and related programs
Registration is required!
Free for MSU Faculty, Staff and Student Employees
- Safety and Risk Management