Training: AED Basics
- Wednesday, June 24, 2015 from 8:30am to 9:00am
- Sherrick Hall, Main Lobby - view map
Automated External Defibrillators (AED) are essential LIFE SAVING TOOLS that are easy to use, and designed for everyone to use in an emergency situation. MSU has over 50 of these on campus, and you should spend the time to learn to use it, as they are found everywhere throughout the USA (Pools, Malls, Stadiums, Businesses, Athletic Clubs, etc.). This course teaches you about AEDs, their functions, how they operate, and allows you to use AED trainers on Manikins to become familiar with the operations.
Intended Audience: All employees are encouraged to attend.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Locate the nearest AED to you on campus
- Turn on an AED
- Operate the AED safely and properly
- Give assistance until Advanced Medical Assistance is available
Registration is recommended - but drop on by even if you are not registered!
Free for MSU Faculty, Staff, Student Employees and Students
- Trevor Hildebrand