Equestrians at MSU (Equestrian Team) Qualifiers
- Friday, August 28, 2015 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm
- Miller Livestock Pavilion - view map
Try-Outs for the Equestrian Team!
All full-time students, please join us at the riding qualifer for the Montana State University Equestrian Team this year at the Bob Miller Pavilion. Riding begins at 5 pm so please be there by 4:30 pm to fill out paper work and get to know the current team members. Cost to try-out is only $10! Please bring closed toe boots with a heel, and a riding helmet if you have one.
What are we about?
The equestrian team is a competitive show team in the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) for Zone 8. Region 3. Our team travels to universities in Montana and Utah. Riders practice with a coach once a week in Hunt Seat, Hunt Seat over fences, Western, and Western Reining. Each rider competes on an individual basis as well as a team against other universities. Horses are provided at the host show and riders draw their horses at random before performing in their class. Students do NOT need their own horse and school horses are provided during practice.
- The equestrian team offers busy college students the ability to continue their equestrian pursuits concurrently with their studies.
- Riders are provided the opportunity to ride multiple horses in a competitive setting, furthering their riding abilities.
- Riders of all background and skill levels are able to participate and show.
Directions to Bob Miller Pavilion:
From I-90 exit onto 19th Ave:
Travel South on 19th Avenue, go several miles, continuing south on 19th through Main Street Intersection
Continue South through College St. Intersection, at the next right, take a right onto Garfield St.
Take the next Left onto dirt road marked with Montana College of Agriculture sign.
Take first right into Bob Miller Pavilion.