American Indian Heritage Day
- Friday, September 25, 2015 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Michael P. Malone Centennial Mall
Montana State University will celebrate American Heritage Day with a variety of events scheduled on MSU's Centennial Mall from 11a.m.-2p.m on Friday, September 25th. This event pays tribute to the cultural legacy and societal contributions of Native American people in Montana and the U.S.
The tentative schedule is as follows:
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Welcome
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Society of American Indian Graduate Discussion on UNDRIP and IEFA (Procrastinator Theatre)
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. American Indian Dance Demonstration
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Native American Studies Presentation
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. American Indian Artists Presentation
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Lacrosse History & Demonstration
- 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Film Screening of Reel Injun and Q & A session (Reid Hall 108)
*Unless specified, events will take place on the Centennial Mall.
The program is free and open to the public. For additional information, contact Francine Spang-Willis at 994-5529.
MSU American Indian Heritage Day is sponsored by the Native American Studies department, American Indian Council, and the Diversity Awareness Office.
- Native American Studies