"Using Horses As Teaching Tools" Educational Clinic
- Friday, October 23, 2015 from 9:00am to 3:00pm
- MSU Miller Pavilion
“Using Horses as Teaching Tools” Clinic: Are you interested in learning how to use horses in teaching in all disciplines?
- MSU Agricultural Education, Dr. Shannon Arnold;
- MSU Equine Science, Dr. Shannon Moreaux;
- Cedar Ridge Equines, Amy Prechter; and
- Equine Specialists from FreshSteps Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Founder of the Forgotten Soldier Program.
This FREE clinic will include the following topics: Experiential Teaching and Learning Strategies, Using Horses to Teach Life Skills, Reading and Writing with Horses, Equine Therapy Programs and Models, Careers with Horses, and Application of Horses to Personal Situations.
The clinic is on October 23rd at the MSU Miller Pavilion. The 9AM- Noon clinic is for students and youth. The Noon- 3PM clinic is for MSU faculty and the community. Lunch will be provided at no cost.
No horse or horse experience is necessary! All participants will engage in equine activities on the ground only!
Please contact Dr. Shannon Arnold at email@example.com or 994-6663 for additional information.
Thank you to the funding provided by the MSU Instructional Innovation Grant program!
- Dr. Shannon Arnold, Agricultural Education