Snow and Avalanche Workshop
- Wednesday, November 11, 2015 from 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Strand Union Building - view map
Montana State University will host an all-day snow and avalanche workshop aimed at MSU students, the Bozeman ski and snowmobile community and regional avalanche professionals. The free event – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 11, in the Strand Union Building’s Ballroom A – will focus on decision-making and evaluating risk on local terrain.
The workshop will:
- Jump start people’s thinking about their winter recreation practices and decision-making;
- Offer discussions about local terrain issues, with analysis of past accidents;
- Put participants through hands-on exercises with the latest in beacon technology;
- Offer people a chance to meet new ski partners and professionals in the community.
Though the event is free, participants are encouraged to register online to ensure a seat and snacks. Participants will also be entered in drawings for free gear.
- Department of Earth Sciences