Farm Management Workshop (Sidney)
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017 to Thursday, March 16, 2017
- Richland County Extension Office Room, 1499 N. Central Avenue Sidney, MT
MSU Extension Economists George Haynes, Kate Fuller, and Eric Belasco will be offering a Farm Management Workshop in Sidney on March 14 - 16, 2017. The times are 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM on March 14 - 15; and 9:00 AM - Noon on March 16.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Risk Management: Focusing on crop and livestock insurance
- Grain and Cattle Marketing: Focusing on hedging, forward contracting, and other marketing alternatives
- Finance and Accounting: Focusing on recordkeeping and financial analysis
- Agricultural Policy: Focusing on farm programs and changes in farm policy.
- In addition, video presentations will address estate planning and crop and livestock production issues.
Participation in these workshops will satisfy the requirements for Farm Service Agency Production and Financial Management Training. The cost of the workshop is FREE.
To register for the workshop, contact Keri Hayes at 406-994-3511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$100.00 (However the Risk Management Portion is FREE)
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics