MSU Extension Tools and Rules: Soil Moisture Monitoring Workshop
- Friday, April 21, 2017 from 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Billings Fairgrounds, 4-H Building 308 6th Ave. North Billings, MT 59101
Join MSU Extension, the Montana Institute on Ecosystems, and the National Institute for Standards and Technology as we learn about tools for measuring soil moisture, brainstorm about needed technologies, and get questions answered by experts in law, policy, insurance, and science. Participants may apply for reimbursement for travel costs! Door prizes will be awarded (CoCoRaHS, mugs, and more).
Topic: What can producers do in the next couple of years to ensure that they can pass their operation on to the next generation? We will be discussing water availability and soil moisture at the farm level.
1) Train producers on some of the on farm tools;
2) Nuts and bolts of policy, plus question and answer with water lawyers, policy makers, and scientists;
3) Collect a better understanding of the next generation of tools/technology that producers would like to use.
Who is speaking at this workshop?
- Larry Dooley, NWS
- Bill Milton, Milton Ranch LLC
- Randy Pierce, NRCS
- Mike Choriki, B and C Ag Consulting
- Kevin Hyde, MCO
- Bruce Maxwell, MSU
- Sarah Meloy, DNRC
- Colleen Coyle, Ponderosa Advisors
- Dana Pepper, River and Range Law
- Brad Shoemaker, Yellowstone County DES
- Grace Ray, Turner Enterprises
- Julie Winters, FSA County Executive Director
- Shalaine Watson, NRCS
- Jayne Morrow, NIST
- Tony Hartshorn, MSU
How do I apply for travel reimbursement?
Please send an email to Anna Tuttle (below) with the following information:
- Who will be attending
- Where you will be driving from
- What your total mileage will be
- If you intend to stay overnight before and/or after the workshop
- Why you are interested in this workshop (briefly)
How do I register?
Register at the workshop's Eventbrite page: https://tinyurl.com/ldaug6f or call MSU Extension in Gallatin County at 406-582-3280.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact Anna Tuttle, program manager of the IoE, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 406-994-2559.