Sophomore Surge Mentor Info Session
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017 from 4:00pm to 5:00pm
- Strand Union Building - view map
Come to this info session to ask questions and learn more about Sophomore Surge Mentoring. The Surge is looking for mentors who are students in their 2nd year or higher at MSU to help shape the futures of the next incoming class.
Sophomore Surge mentors will be assigned a team of 15-17 first-year students to engage with and support for the entire 2017-2018 school year with topics such as:
- Transition to college
- Effective study habits
- Academic decision making
- Values and strengths
- Exploration of campus resources
- Preparation for advising
- Career development
- and more....
Benefits of being a Sophomore Surge Mentor:
- An amazing leadership opportunity
- The opportunity to make an important and life-changing difference in the life of a student
- Free dinner when you meet with your Surge team
- Upper-division credits that count toward your degree
- A powerful resume builder
Time commitment for Mentors is approximately 5-7 hours per week during the school year (approx. 25 hours per month).