Looking for English Tutor for Japanese Administrators
Tutor Japanese education administrators who are participating in the Long-term Education Administrators Program (LEAP) offered by Montana State University’s Office of International programs in partnership with Interlink Language Center. The participants are adult, mid-career professionals with an intermediate to advanced command of English. Meet 1-on-1 with LEAP participants for 2.75 hours per day/4 days a week) on MSU campus in SUB or library. Tutors will have 2 afternoon sessions back to back, 2:30-3:45 and 4:00-5:15.
- Tutoring should focus primarily on conversational ability and development of confidence in speaking, but can include cultural topics, grammar, and vocabulary as needed.
- Help with cultural adjustment and personal information about living in the US and Bozeman.
- Tutors may choose to go to dinner or engage in other social activities with the LEAP participant. This is welcomed, though not required, and it is not part of paid tutoring time.
- Participate in a tutor orientation session before starting to tutor.
- WAGE: $17.00 per hour
Required & Desired Qualifications:
- Be at least 20 years old
- Be able to commit to the entire period to tutor, June 5th-July 27th
- Have an interest in other cultures; interest in teaching English is helpful
- Teaching experience desired, but not a requirement
- Experience traveling or living abroad is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Makiko Diehl at firstname.lastname@example.org