Wonderlust and the MSU Alumni Association - Exploring Three Forks
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017 from 7:45am to 6:00pm
- Bozeman, MT, Pickup at Bobcat Stadium
Join us as we spend a day exploring Three Forks, Montana for an educational behind-the-scenes field trip.
Pickup at Bobcat Stadium
Stadium West Parking Lot
11th & Kagy
Bozeman, Montana 59715
$50 per person. Includes bus transportation, tours, lunch, and snacks provided. One guest per registrant.
Morning – From Seed to Loaf at Wheat Montana:
- Learn the story behind famed Wheat Montana’s grains and breads, with visits to the Folkvord family’s dry land grain farm and the state-of-the-art bakery. Tours and talks by General Manager/CEO and MSU Alumnus Dean Folkvord.
Lunch – a Wheat Montana Sandwich!
Afternoon – Exploring the History of the Area
- Missouri Headwaters:
- At the confluence of the 3 rivers (forks) that form the 2100-mile long Missouri River, hear stories of Lewis & Clark about their journey through the area, about long-gone settlements – Gallatin City 1 and 2, and about Native American connections to this special place. Storytelling and teachings by Headwaters State Park manager Dave Andrus, Northern Cheyenne Elder Linwood TallBull and Friends of Madison Buffalo Jump leader Bill Goold.
- Madison Buffalo Jump:
- Land forms, animals and plants shaped the culture and lives of Native peoples; At Madison Buffalo Jump State Park, learn how Native peoples, for 2000 years, stampeded bison over the area’s massive, semicircular limestone cliff – for food, clothing, and shelter. Storytelling and teachings continue with Linwood TallBull and Bill Goold.
The deadline to register is Wednesday, July 5. (or when charter is full)
If you have questions regarding this event, please contact the MSU Alumni Foundation at 406-994-6461 or email@example.com.