Wonderlust: Exploring the state Capitol
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 from 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Helena, MT
Join us for a day-long excursion to our spectacular state Capitol in Helena, Montana complete with a field trip to the Gates of the Mountains and Mighty Missouri River.
Thursday, September 14 | 7:00a.m. – 7:00p.m.
Pickup at Bobcat Stadium
Stadium West Parking Lot
11th & Kagy
$65 per person. Includes bus transportation, tours and lunch.
A Morning At The Capitol
- Presentation in the Montana Supreme Court chambers by former Supreme Court Justice Patricia Cotter on how the Court “works for Montanans
- Guided tour of the Montana Historical Society Museum’s Homeland Gallery, covering Montana pre-history to Montana WWII period
- Guided Tour of the beautiful Montana State Capitol building
Lunch – on the banks of the Missouri River
Afternoon – Gates of the Mountains
- Two hour guided tour of the stunning Gates of the Mountains on the Missouri, aboard a covered, open-air boat
- On July 19, 1805 in the wilderness that would later become Montana, the hardy members of the Lewis and Clark expedition slowly moved upstream along rock embankments on the Missoulr. As they poled a dep channel, they stared ahead in amazement at towering rock formations unlike any they had seen before. At each bend in the waterway, great 1200 foot stone walls seemed to block passage, but then open like gentle giant gates as the expedition drew near: Lewis wrote in his journal, “I shall call this place Gates of the Mountains.”
The deadline to register is Day, September 7 (or when charter is full).
If you have questions regarding this event, please contact Linda Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alumni Association
RSVP Reception Desk