Charting a Course with Learning Outcomes - Registration Required
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017 from 2:00pm to 3:30pm
- Strand Union Building, 235 - view map
Charting a Course with Learning Outcomes to Enhance Student Learning and Success
Wednesday, September 6th, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in SUB 235
Facilitated by Ken Silvestri, CFE Instructional Designer
Learning outcomes can be a vital tool when planning instruction and measuring progress towards learning for both the instructor and student. In this workshop, you will learn about “intentional” or “backwards” course design using effective learning outcomes that can:
- move students to deeper learning and higher-order thinking
- guide the process of identifying, creating, and aligning assessment strategies
- encourage students to monitor their progress towards achieving the course learning outcomes with formative assessment and other strategies
Please bring a Syllabus from a course that you teach to create or revise existing learning outcomes based on what you learn from the workshop. You will work with a partner to offer and receive suggestions and feedback on each other’s learning outcomes.
Completing this workshop will earn 1 credit towards annual membership in the Center and earn 1 credit towards the Certificate of Teaching Enhancement.