Application Deadline for MSU Faculty Led Study Abroad: Cuba
- Friday, September 15, 2017 from 12:00am to 11:30pm
- Culbertson Hall, Office of International Programs, 4th Floor - view map
Apply now to participate on the College of Nursing's faculty led program to Cuba!
Application Deadline: September 15
Students from Montana State University will travel to Cuba to gain an appreciation of the healthcare system, culture, and environment. The program is being led by faculty from the College of Nursing but is open to all majors and all levels of student. The only requirement is the desire to visit this fascinating country and an interest in healthcare. Tour is accompanied by a guide/translator so no Spanish language skills are required. The program will visit 4 cities within Cuba including Havana, Viñales, Matanzas, and Varadero.
Program opportunities include:
- Visit to Havana's School of Nursing
- Exchange with nurses and health professionals at a Maternity home
- Visit to the Latin American School of Medicine (ELAM)
- Meet with the director and residents of a senior home and community health center
- Meeting with representatives of the Cuban ICAP (Cuban Institute of Friendship with Peoples)
- Tour a pharmacy museum and prehospital care/firefighter’s museum.
- Meet with representatives of Cuba’s Ministry of Public Health
- Street party/reception with a local CDR (Committee for the Defense of the Revolution)
- Visit to a community polyclinic and a family doctor and nurse’s office
- Tour senior day care center and exchange with clients.
- Opportunities to appreciate the history, culture, music, beaches and scenery
NRSG 469. Healthcare in Cuba. 2 credits. Spring Term
- The course will meet online during the Fall semester for orientation and pre-trip preparation and discussions.
- Course instruction is abroad, daily journal entry and preparation for the next day’s visits are done and submitted daily.
- Information will be gathered for a capstone paper to be completed after returning home.
December 27, 2016 - January 7, 2017
$3,440.00 plus domestic airfare to Miami, Tuition included in Spring Term
- Program fee includes international airfare from Miami to Havana, all in-country travel, accommodations, tours, site visits, some meals, and international health insurance
- Program fee does not include domestic airfare to Miami.
- This program is eligible for financial aid.
For more information and to apply online visit the Cuba Program Brochure.