Establishing and Maintaining the 'Write' Habit
- Friday, October 13, 2017 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- Strand Union Building, 235 - view map
CFE Guest Speaker Dr. Dominique Chlup
“Establishing and Maintaining the 'Write' Habit”
Friday, October 13, 2017 SUB 235 12:00-2:00
Lunch will be provided at 12:00 with the program beginning at 12:15
Did you know that if you wrote just 30 minutes a day within one year you could write 10 articles or a book? Now that's writing productively and prolifically! Yet, few of us have ever been taught how to establish and maintain the "write" habit. This workshop pulls back the curtain on the most powerful writing strategies you can use to become a less stressed, more productive, and better writer.
- Eleven principles for getting power over yourself and your writing process.
- One right/"write" brain activity designed to bring the muse to you.
- The one word that can be edited out of your text 90% of the time.
- A writing technique designed specifically to make you nine times more productive.
- One foolproof exercise for silencing your inner critic.
- And the quickest way to move from "I don't want to write today" to "I'm in my 'write' frame of mind today."
Dr. Dominique T. Chlup is a tenured University Associate Professor turned Creativity & Writing Coach. She is President and Chief Creative Officer of Inspiring the Creative Within®, LLC. What she does best is take you from blocked to breakthrough, teaching you the art of stress-free creating to maximize your writing productivity. She teaches clients limitless ways to double, triple, 10X their writing productivity and get them finally writing forever no matter how busy they are. She has 5 degrees behind her name, including two from Harvard University. She is author of $6.7 million in funded grant projects and more than 200 publications and presentations written one word at a time.
Dominique offers Textbook and Academic Authors (TAA) sponsored writing productivity workshops for institutions nationwide. For information on her workshops visit TAAonline.net/workshops. Contact Dominique at www.inspiringthecreativewithin.com, where you can also download her free meditation, Inspiring Creativity: A Guided Meditation to Prepare You for Your Writing Practice.
Questions about this workshop should be directed to Julia Tietz, Admin Associate in the Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 994-4371.