Fundamentals of Successful Investing course begins
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Gaines Hall - view map
Do you want to start investing or simply better understand the investments you already have in place? Are you worried your lack of knowledge about investing will cause you to make mistakes or miss opportunities? The world of investing can be confusing and complicated, but it doesn't have to be. This course will give the new or inexperienced investor a fundamental knowledge of investments and the process of successfully investing in today's marketplace. Once you master the fundamentals and become more familiar with the basic ideas and tools of investing, you will be able to invest with more confidence, take advantage of a variety of investment opportunities, and better reduce the risks to your investments. At the completion of this course, you will have a good working understanding of the basic processes for constructing a portfolio based on a set of goals and a financial plan, the various methods used to select specific investments, and how to put your plan into practice.
The course runs on Wednesday evenings from March 28 through April 18. Parking is free after 6pm on the MSU campus.
- The most common types of investments available today, how each works, their advantages, disadvantages, and how each is used in a portfolio
- Simple methods that successful investors use for comparing and selecting investments before they buy
- The four biggest threats to your portfolio and what you can do to minimize these threats
- A friendly debate on whether or not it is really possible to "beat the market" (and how your answer dictates how you should invest)
- How to create your own financial plan and build a portfolio of investments suited to achieve your goals
MSU students enrolled in the current Spring 2018 semester receive a $50.00 discount. Please use MSU50 during checkout.
$79.00 or register with another person for $129.00 (Must register second person at the same time using coupon code INVEST in both records)