Policy, Regulation, and Market Access
- Thursday, April 26, 2018 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Animal Biosciences Building, Room 138 - view map
Policy, Regulation, and Market Access Workshop
Montana State University, Animal Bioscience Building, room 138
April 26, 2018 9 a.m. -1 p.m.
A workshop hosted by the MSU Initiative for Regulation and Applied Economic Analysis Research Fellows Eric Belasco and Anton Bekkerman.
Access to domestic and international markets is the lifeline for northern U.S. agriculture. Current farm and trade policies as well as independent efforts by industry groups continue to play important roles in shaping market access.
The Policy, Regulation, and Market Access workshop will facilitate presentations and discussions about the roles of existing and future public policy and regulation on the region's grains and livestock sectors. Three highly-regarded economists with expertise in assessing the interactions of policy and market access will highlight challenges and opportunities for the northern U.S. region. Ample opportunity for discussion among presenters, policymakers and industry leaders will be provided during Q&A sessions and a networking lunch.
- Joseph Glauber, Former Chief Economist USDA, Senior Research Fellow IFPRI
- Gary Brester, Professor Emeritus, Montana State University
- Randall Fortenbery, Professor, Thomas B. Mick Endowed Chair, Washington State University
- Agricultural Economics and Economics