Department of Education Staff Only: (ARC) CPR/AED/First Aid for Adult/Child
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 from 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Reid Hall, 223 - view map
This 5-1/2 hour course teaches you real, life saving skills, in accordance with The American Red Cross (ARC) curriculum. The (ARC) CPR/AED/FA for Adult/Child Patients course focuses on proper CPR, for cardiac emergencies, paired with AED use and proper life-saving skills for choking patients.
You will also be trained to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies such as burns, cuts, scrapes, sudden illnesses, head, neck, back injuries, and heat and cold emergencies.
There is a $28.00 (ARC) Certification fee for this class.
Intended Audience: All employees and student employees are encouraged to attend.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Identify an emergency situation
- Initiate the Emergency Medical System
- Assess an injured individual
- Provide CPR to an Adult/Child/Infant
- Use an AED safely and properly
- Provide Basic First Aid Care
Registration is Required! ** A (5) person minimum is required to conduct this training**
- Safety and Risk Management