In 2007, a renovation was allocated $28.5 million to rebuild Gaines to house instructional labs for undergraduate students in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, earth sciences, and physics. The building will also hold the Department of Modern Language and Literatures (MLL) with its language laboratories, as well as the Center for Student Success, and seven new classrooms, including a new 270-person lecture theatre.
The chemistry building is named for Pascal Clay (P.C.) Gaines who taught chemistry for 43 years. He was department head, 1946-57 and MSU acting president four times. The hall was built in 1961.
There are currently no upcoming events